Bayou SQ 14 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowden

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a Bayou SQ 14 and had a quick question on anticipated propane usage. Assuming 2.5 gallon batches (extract and steeping grains currently, but considering transitioning to BIAB), does anyone have a guess as to how many batches I would be able to squeeze out of a 20 lb propane tank?

I am considering purchasing a Bayou SQ 14 and had a quick question on anticipated propane usage. Assuming 2.5 gallon batches (extract and steeping grains currently, but considering transitioning to BIAB), does anyone have a guess as to how many batches I would be able to squeeze out of a 20 lb propane tank?

At 2.5 gallon batches, I'd think you could get 6-8 sessions in with a 20lbs bottle.

At 2.5 gallon batches, I'd think you could get 6-8 sessions in with a 20lbs bottle.

That should be in the neighborhood. If anything it's likely a bit conservative, but let's face it, that's the better way to roll compared to trying to stretch out a tank ;)

In any case, weighing the tank before and after a batch would provide a benchmark...

Cheers!

Back