basic brewing cider!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TO_JOE

Reaction score
While moving to secondary fermentation I was left with way to much head space so I went and got another container and just poured it all in. I still had cider left that is too young to drink so i started another container mixed with organic sweet cider. will all of the movement during secondary ruin it all? I now have containers with very little head space and I kept everything very sterile.

Welcome to the forum! This forum is really just to introduce yourself to everyone. You probably won't find good advice right here.
I think you might want to re-ask this question in HomeBrewTalk's cider forum -> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

PS - Headspace is not the enemy, low/no-alcohol solutions exposed to a fresh supply of oxygen is the enemy. Swishing stuff around during transfer may lead to premature "staling", but it's pretty hard for a non-expert like myself to tell you what your cider will taste like solely based on your description. A simple fix to headspace is to gently spray some CO2 into your vessel. The cold CO2 will drop, displacing warmer oxygen out the top, then immediately cap the vessel.

Ah thanks, I live in toronto ON Canada an have access to a sweet little orchard outside the city with a great selection of apples. So some friends and I do the cider in the fall, and I do the brew at home and for all. Looking forward to trying other recipes!!

Latest posts

Back