Barley Crusher roller settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donshizzles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious what most folks set their Barley Crusher roller settings to. I currently have mine set at the factory setting of .039 but was wondering if others set and forget theirs at a tighter setting for more efficiency from their crush.

FYI I use a false bottom on my MT.........

Dolomieu said:
I left my at the factory settings and have been getting around 80% eff. I have no plans of changing that.

Same here and happy with it!

I have mine down to .19, but I also condition my grain so that the husks stay more intact when crushed. I can say I've noticed about a 2% jump in efficiency since I started grain conditioning and adjusting my mill.

I used 0.38 and then a very slight tweak after pulling the feeler gauge. Probably 0.35 . I've only done a single batch since adjusting the factory settings after 2 years. It was different on each side.

Mine's still at the factory setting. It works well enough that I haven't felt compelled to mess with it. It's already loads better than the LHBS as-is.

Latest posts

Back