Barely Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menerdari

Reaction score
Yep, I bought one as my Christmas present.
After reading many reviews on multiple websites and finding the vast majority to be very positive I felt I couldn't go wrong with it.
The crush I have been getting from my LHBS has not been all that great and the idea of freshly crushed grains just before brewing has me pretty happy.
I ordered it from Northern Brewer last night and it will be delivered to my door tomorrow via UPS, talk about fast.
Anyone have any experience with the Barley Crusher mill?

Ha...I thought you got a crappy product and you were making a joke with your subject line "Barely Crusher".

No experience with the mill, just thought that was funny.

Had mine for about a year and a half. For the first 4 or 5 batches I left it at the factory setting, but then regapped it to .035" and holy cow - my effiency skyrocketed! I use a drill with mine and as long as you keep the rpms low you will be real happy with it. I have run close to 300 lbs through my BC and am a happy camper!

Had mine for about a year and a half. For the first 4 or 5 batches I left it at the factory setting, but then regapped it to .035" and holy cow - my effiency skyrocketed! I use a drill with mine and as long as you keep the rpms low you will be real happy with it. I have run close to 300 lbs through my BC and am a happy camper!

Same here, reset it to .035 and I am routinely in the mid 80's for efficiency. I use a 1/2" drill and go as slow as I can. I also condition the grain prior to milling.

Yep, I'm really happy with mine. The only "problem" I have had was my rubber washer falling off after the 3rd or 4th milling.

The only thing that I wish that I would have changed would be getting the large hopper. Again, a great product.

Latest posts

Back