Ball lock to pin lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayUnt

Reaction score
When I first was going to get into kegging I had a deal on 2 pin lock kegs. I setup my kegerator to hold 2, with the potential for a 3rd. I recently got a deal through craigslist to get 2 more keg. This time it was 1 pin lock and 1 ball lock. I've searched and can not find any information on converting ball lock posts to pin lock posts. There is a lot going the other way though.

Does anyone know how i can go about changing the 1 ball lock i have, to match the other 3 pin locks and kegerator connections?

Thanks

you will be able to get new or used pin lock posts that fit the threads on your ball lock keg.
CHI, CornyKeg, KegConnection, etc...

Most likely your ball lock keg will have: 19/32" - 18 on the tank, measure first then order. :)

Wouldn't it be easier to buy the threaded MFL connectors? Then all you have to do is unscrew the connections to swap them out, and you're not limited to one type of keg.

Thanks for all you responses. I already have threaded MFL connectors, so i think i might just get some ball lock connectors. Only having one ball lock keg, i just need to get one set, but if i ever get more, it could be annoying to juggle which keg to fill depending on what connections are available.

Back