Ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstev

Reaction score
Where could I buy ball lock kegs online right now for a decent price shipped? Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Depends what your definition of decent is. Best places are craigslist and personally I use homebrewfinds.com for deals. They have deals out there for kegs. Currently there's this on amazon for about 55$ shipped. Search

"Reconditioned 5 Gallon Cornelius Style Ball Lock Racetrack Keg - with Stainless Steel Handles"

But really look around here on the homebrew market section and places like craigslist.

- ISM NRP

Adventures in Homebrewing has some fairly decently priced ones.

http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

Best price, they have low profile ball lock kegs, same size as pin locks but with ball lock fittings, no they are NOT converted kegs. The are $45.00 each,15.00 to ship two and they come with an Oring kit. The kegs will ends to be cleaned, but for the price who cares.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I just got two kegs this week from Adventures in Homebrew. I am in Michigan so I got them in one day. $5 shipping!

Kegs were nice and clean and had pressure. Buy them while you can!

I just got two kegs this week from Adventures in Homebrew. I am in Michigan so I got them in one day. $5 shipping!

Kegs were nice and clean and had pressure. Buy them while you can!

Yeah mine were far from clean, but I didn't expect them to be, still a great price.

I went with pinlock from adventures in homebrew. It was 139 for a set of 4.

I went with pinlock from adventures in homebrew. It was 139 for a set of 4.

Wow, can't beat that, do they have the pressure relief on the lids?

Two reasons for me staying with ball lock kegs...
1- I already had the ball lock connections
2- ball lock keg lids have a pressure relief on the lid

I do like how you can't mix up the in and out posts with pin locks and the positive engagement of the pin lock.

I got two for about $150, ball lock not converted pin locks. It was over priced but everywhere else was out of stock. I can now get them local for $60 or 4 for $200.

Wow, can't beat that, do they have the pressure relief on the lids?

Two reasons for me staying with ball lock kegs...
1- I already had the ball lock connections
2- ball lock keg lids have a pressure relief on the lid

I do like how you can't mix up the in and out posts with pin locks and the positive engagement of the pin lock.

They do have pressure release but it isn't manual I have read that you can buy lid fir then that do. I just push down on the gas poppet to rise pressure.

They do have pressure release but it isn't manual I have read that you can buy lid fir then that do. I just push down on the gas poppet to rise pressure.

Yeah you can buy lids with pressure relief valves, actually I think someone carries a kit to install one in a lid that did not already have one. Still what a good deal, kegs are becoming more and more pricy.

Yeah I have been badly pleased with mine. I wanted ball lock by inn totally okay with pin lock they were cheaper and to me that's what makes them better.

Just ordered four true ball lock from Adventures in Homebrewing. $60ea plus shipping. Was about the best deal I could find online, without going with pin lock. These are probably the last ones I'll buy used, local LHBS gets $80ea for used ball lock which to me is crazy.

We just need to start buying more new ones, then the prices will come down. :D

Yeah mine were far from clean, but I didn't expect them to be, still a great price.

What did you do to clean your kegs? I just ordered 2 of the low profile kegs without pressure relief valves today to be used as fermenters. Pretty stoked!

I had luck with Craigslist and yard sales. Got two medical ball lock kegs for a total of $25 including a tap and a drip tray about 2 years ago on a yard sale. Plus a got a 3.5 gallon keg for $70 not too long ago on Craigslist. Basically in new condition.
But they are getting harder to find and more expensive.

Latest posts

Back