Ball-lock keg pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackhole

Reaction score
I wasn't quite ready to invest in kegging equipment, but I may be able to purchase some "as-is" ball-lock kegs for $45 each. How good of a deal is this?

Posted from my  iPhone 5 using Home Brew.

it's an ok deal. they aren't getting cheaper. I haven't spent more than 35 on mine but they really have been climbing in price over the last year. If it helps there is a guy trying to sell four right now in the classifieds for $65 a piece and they look as though they are missing half of the handles.

I bought 2 used ball lock kegs through E-Bay last year and paid about $80.00 for both including shipping. They were in good condition with the worst part being was getting the root beer smell out of one of them. :)
Kegs are not getting any cheaper as they are now being sold off to China by the pallet load for scrape.
At the rate the prices are climbing, it won't be long before the new ones become competitive in price with the used ones in decent condition.

agree with all. a few years back I picked up a couple for 20 each. about a year ago i ordered 4 online for little over 25 each shipped. Now it seems 50 (or more) is standard for one at the LHS. with 7 kegs in the garage i can't bring myself to pay what they want these days for another one... Maybe if I ever have them all filled at once I will rethink that but right now, I can't do it.

Back