Bad regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowark

Reaction score
So as I was storing my tank and reg betwee brews, my tank fell over and the high pressure gauge was busted. Everything seems to hold pressure so I thought nothing of it. I recently kegged my next brew and, after a week, it still seems way under-carbed. The keg pressure gauge reads right at 12psi. Have I destroyed my reg?

I can't imagine you did just by damaging the main pressure gauge. You may have messed up the secondary also though. I just did the same thing a few days ago. I didn't even know anything had happened. I didn't knock it over, but I think I pushed it agains something while moving a full bucket. High pressure went bye bye. Both secondaries seem fine though. I did suddenly run out of co2 also though. I need to check for leaks. I haven't heard any, but you never know.

I find it common for bumped gauges to leak inside, behind the reading plate. Some gas suppliers will check them for you for free. If you have the extra money get a second regulator to check the other, maybe another local brewer could help you check yours to theirs

Or some dish soap would bubble if it leaked around the plastic cover plate

I found after bumping line once that the needle was being pinned against the glass providing a false reading. After I noticed the needle was stuck I pushed it back a bit opposite of the way I bumped it and the needle gave the actual reading. Is it possible the low pressure gauge got bent and the needle is bound up giving you a falsely high reading? Just my guess of something easy to check.

Back