Backy Yard Brewery Construction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deck for Brewery

DECK PROJECT 007.jpg

are you really tall? That looks like I would burn my arm reaching to add ingredients...

Where did you find 3 kegs that match and are in perfect condition?? Looks good!

I bought them from SABCO. Had a little extra money that came my way so I upgraded. The reason I'm building outside is I recently moved and the new house is electric stove not good for brewing. Since I was getting into all-grain anyway I got the Professional RIMS set up offered by SABCO. www.kegs.com

are you really tall? That looks like I would burn my arm reaching to add ingredients...

I'm 5'10. Below is a shot of me next to the set up. I have a small stool I'll use to pour in the grains. Going to set up a water filter as well. Going all out.

tobesorted 152.jpg

Which one is not level? the shed, the siding or the deck?

Just givin ya crap, Looks great. I think you need a cover over that deck.

:p The shed was already at the house. It slants down hill and to the right. I'll have to fix it one day. The deck and brew table are level. :mug:

Looks good! My only thing is that even at 6 foot 1, I dont wanna have to use a step stool to put stuff in. I think when I build mine, I am gonna do a shorter version, with only 2 of my kegs on it, with the brew on the ground. :)

Strange but nice set up. Those kegs are beautiful, but my god that's a lot of cash tied up in them. And why no silicon hose?

I am 6'4 and I think I would need the stool to brew on that thing as well. Why not chop the bottom part of the legs off and just put the kettle at deck level?

Strange but nice set up. Those kegs are beautiful, but my god that's a lot of cash tied up in them. And why no silicon hose?

I am 6'4 and I think I would need the stool to brew on that thing as well. Why not chop the bottom part of the legs off and just put the kettle at deck level?

I had some extra money come my way so I decided to invest in the kettles. The kettles came with food grade tubing already. I'll get to silicon later. I didn't put the boil kettle on the ground because I wanted to gravity feed through the therminator into a carboy for fermentaion. It's reallly not that high.

Cool. I am not knocking it or anything, I was just wondering. It is kick ass. Wish I had the $ for some of those kegs.

I agree that thing should be in the shed... if it will fit =)

I would add a lip to the stand to the burners cant slide off. Other than that, kick a$$ setup. Good luck brewing in the winter.

I would add a lip to the stand to the burners cant slide off. Other than that, kick a$$ setup. Good luck brewing in the winter.

I was thinking about either a lip or a silicon sealant. I can't believe I got the whole thing done. It's not the best looking stand out there but it's my baby.

Hey jstaylor, very nice set up! I was just curious if you are still satisfied with your Sabco converted kegs? Any features that you are not satisfied with? Would you buy them again if you had to do it over? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on new brewing vessels. I want something new and I am really debating between the Sabco converted kegs and the Blichmann boilermakers. I would prefer the ball valve mounted next to the thermometer rather than off to the side................

I've tested the system but windy weather came fast after the setup. Haven't brewed on it yet. Now that Spring is coming I"m gonna enclose the deck with a tarp like tent so I can start brewing. Yeah.. the only thing I would change would be the valves. They are at an odd angle. I think cause they are to go with the Sabco table.

I've tested the system but windy weather came fast after the setup. Haven't brewed on it yet. Now that Spring is coming I"m gonna enclose the deck with a tarp like tent so I can start brewing. Yeah.. the only thing I would change would be the valves. They are at an odd angle. I think cause they are to go with the Sabco table.

I called Sabco and I spoke to Dan who was very eager to help. He told me that I could have the valve coupling mounted next to the thermometer like I want, I just have to wait about a week or so as they will be made to order. Sounds like a plan! Thanks for getting back to me and lots of luck with your rig.

John

Latest posts

Back