Back in rotenchester n.y.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgondoli1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get supplies? I've been in v.a. for the last 6 years so I'm new to the brewing scene around here. does anyone order bulk grain. Thanks for the help.

welcome back to wny. Check out the syracuse bulk buy in the bulk buy forum. Last delivery was made canandaigua, the spring will probably be in syracuse. We might be able to work out a grain relay to the west.

How is sunset? I haven't made it there. How does it compare to, say, Beers of the World?

i don't remember there being much at Beers of the World. The place in Greece (stonegate plaza) has even less.

I go to Sunset Hydroponics and Homebrew store in Victor on RT 96 just north of Eastview mall. They have a very good selection and the staff is knowledgeable. Stay away from the Stoneridge location.

Beers Of The World has a very weak and pricey selection.

Thanks upperNY01Brewer. I have only been to BOTW. GREAT selection of beers, weak for homebrew, though the new location is a bit better. Prices are indeed high. I have used them primarily for specialty grains and some hops.

Victor is a bit of a drive, only 5-10 min shorter than Tonawanda. I have read really good things about Niagara Traditions. They are a dedicated homebrew store, I'd like to check them out.

Sunset in Stoneridge Plaza (Greece) or the one in Henrietta are starting to build really good selections of stuff, I usually go to the one in Greece. I used to deal strictly with Beers of the World because Sunset didn't have squat for stuff, they have been on a mission the past several months to expand the homebrew section and went from not having much to actually stocking Blichman kettles and burners.

I was there today talking with one of the guys about bulk buys, he said they would match the price that I can get from any local group buys.....example: we agreed on a sack of Vienna for $1 a pound. They don't sell those pre-packaged grains like BOTW does; they have bins and you measure/crush what you need. They'll discount .10/lb over 10#, .20 over 20#, etc. They even have a motorized Monster mill for crushing.

Check them out when you get the chance......

---Todd

Sunset in Stoneridge Plaza (Greece) or the one in Henrietta are starting to build really good selections of stuff, I usually go to the one in Greece. I used to deal strictly with Beers of the World because Sunset didn't have squat for stuff, they have been on a mission the past several months to expand the homebrew section and went from not having much to actually stocking Blichman kettles and burners.

I was there today talking with one of the guys about bulk buys, he said they would match the price that I can get from any local group buys.....example: we agreed on a sack of Vienna for $1 a pound. They don't sell those pre-packaged grains like BOTW does; they have bins and you measure/crush what you need. They'll discount .10/lb over 10#, .20 over 20#, etc. They even have a motorized Monster mill for crushing.

Check them out when you get the chance......

---Todd
fair enough. I was there in June, and was not very impressed.

I went to Beer of the World last time I was in Rochester. Having actually had a good LHBS and considering the online options available, I wouldn't consider using their supplies. Seems really ghetto to me.

How is sunset? I haven't made it there. How does it compare to, say, Beers of the World?

Beers of the World is great for buying beer. The homebrew supply is a bit limited. The Sunset in Henrietta is the new "Flagship" store with many grains, lots of hops, a nice variety of yeast, many kits and just about anything else you'd need. I work there on the weekends so feel free to stop by and check us out!

Latest posts

Back