Back after multil- kid hiatus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
So I did a lot of home brewing in early 2000s but after my second kid arrived found it was really hard to find the time to do it. I stashed all my equipment away though and broke it out 3 weeks ago to brew my first batch in over 10 years. I totally messed it up by miscalculating the mash volume and my hydrometer was broken so I have no idea what OG was but I’m still very optimistic the brew will be good. It was a Belgium Dubbel... I know like trying to play pro football after riding the bench for 10 years but it was the only ingredients that made it in time for the weekend.

so I’m back to brewing after a 10 year break. I truly appreciate all the great advice you all have posted as I try to get my home brewery up and running and when I have questions just like 10 years ago this is the place I go. I’ve got my second batch fermenting in my new brewzilla fermenter. Belgium Strong Ale I’ve named Frank the Tank and I’m very optimistic on how it’s going to turn out.
Looking forward to learning and collaborating with you all here again! And again many thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge here!!

BigAl

Attachments

• 6A106DF9-F6C7-4BBA-9898-426723A413E6.jpeg
    6A106DF9-F6C7-4BBA-9898-426723A413E6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Yeah my middle one is definitely my assistant brewmaster. My youngest “says she is helping”

I've got 3 under 4...they want to help but are not allowed to until I'm convinced they wont jump into the hot wort just to spite me....

Welcome back. I’m guessing a few things have changed in 10 years. I’ve been brew about 5 years. I love my 3 vessel gravity set up. But I just bought a biab electric. I kind of laugh at myself...
I wish I had helpers.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back