Average Batches brewed so far?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Batches have you brewed?

• I've brewed 0 - 5

• I've brewed 6 - 10

• I've brewed 11 - 20

• I've brewed 21 - 50

• I've brewed 51 - 75

• I've brewed 76 - 100

• I've brewed > 100

Results are only viewable after voting.
Total? ~45 10g batches plus a bunch of meads and wines and extract batches with friends.

This year? 55 gallons plus two meads and three extract batches with friends.

My brewing amount is pitiful IMO. Time and money... wait, mostly money. :drunk:

Should a 10 gallon or more batch qualify for more than 1 batch...???

I think you could count them as at least 1.5, you may not have spent more time on a 10 gallon batch but you certainly have more beer so 1.5 is my quantitative answer.

I am using my sig as my counter, I am in the 20s.

I count a batch as a single recipe done from mash to fermenter. If it's 5, 10 or 15 gallons, it's still done as one process, so it's one batch. I've done a few 2 batch days to really build up the pipeline, but those are LONG days. My back hurts after 8.5 hrs bending and washing at the end.

If you are taking the poll to see experience brewing then a batch is a batch. Brewing 10 gallons does not give you more brewing experience compared to 5 gallons. If you are doing this for volume then obviously it matters.

I count a batch as a single recipe done from mash to fermenter. If it's 5, 10 or 15 gallons, it's still done as one process, so it's one batch. I've done a few 2 batch days to really build up the pipeline, but those are LONG days. My back hurts after 8.5 hrs bending and washing at the end.

I need to do a double batch day. Half of the pain of brewing is getting everything setup and ready and planning your day around it. Might as well run two into the pipeline in one day if everything is ready. Maybe I'll score some coke and stay up for a week brewing. :p

we are HOME brewers... go get a coca plant, grow some, and make your own coke.

That's the spirit! :D

I've definitely crushed the 100 batch limitation. I'm at around 122 (I keep good notes). There needs to be a 150 and 200 on there for some of the old school heavyweights.

There needs to be a 150 and 200 on there for some of the old school heavyweights.

I'd edit it if I could, but I don't think Poll's are editable.

I figured there wouldn't be many over 100. So if you brewed with Moses and have over 200 my apologies... You'll just be grouped with the young 100+'ers

:mug:

I said 21-50. I thought we were talking about killing girl scouts though.

Beer? probably 40....I don't keep records or panties of those though, so it's harder to judge.

I think I am somewhere in the 51-75 range. I'd have to look at my notes at home. I hope Denny Conn comes on here and adds his totals. :)

29 as of today. By end of weekend, hopefully 31....
on the is 10 gal one or two batches, what if you were experimenting with different yeasts / dry hopping differently / racking one onto fruit or oak. In that case, I would count them as two separate batches for my notes.

If the two fermenters were treated identically, and it was just to get two kegs from one batch, I would count it as one batch

I'd edit it if I could, but I don't think Poll's are editable.

I figured there wouldn't be many over 100. So if you brewed with Moses and have over 200 my apologies... You'll just be grouped with the young 100+'ers

:mug:

I wish I would have kept track- it'd be fun to know exactly how many batches I've done in total. Since I only brew 2-3 times per month now, I've slowed down quite a bit. I've made about 200 batches of wine, I'd guess. And I'd have to guess as to the beer, but I'd say somewhere around 300 batches of beer.

Well Yoop, guess I am an old timer too...

Right at 300 myself for beer. no telling on the meads and cider... I had almost 200 on Brutus 5 alone!

:off: If I'm going to start making cocaine I need a reference to start with. Did Mr. John Palmer right a book on this yet?

try

I have somewhere in the 50 batch range. I don't take good notes to count totals... but I have many many scraps of paper and notations in books. And a lot of friends...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the high jack of a great thread...

The video does shed a little light on things I think.

Perspective is educational. May we always be willing to gain new vision.

Back on topic... let the brew count continue!

I'm still under 20 brews for the year I've been brewing. Summer has a busy time for and I only brewed 3 beers. I will pick up the pace with a kegerator which will be here soon.

For me, 24 since April 2008. Average ABV? 6.4% I keep a Google Spreadsheet with the stats of all my beers. I find that I reference it ALL the time.

Thanks ajwillys, I'll check that out. Sounds like something I would definitely use!

Denny, I'd love to share a HB someday. I drive through Eugene every now and then.

:) It's been 11 years....

I;ve been brewing 11 years, too, except I've only brewed...ummm, I have no clue. I've never kept track until recently. Probably between 30-70??? I know I've only brewed 11 times since about 2004, although I'll be doing my 4th batch in about 3.5 months on Sunday. I'm really ramping up my brewing. I'm going to be aiming for 25+ batches a year starting next year.

I found this thread after I posted on a similar thread. Here's the same info.
I started brewing in May 1978 and have kept at it as steadily as I could since then. I summarized the first few brews on an index card and then did a card with the recipe and other details for every batch since #6. For that I used a German lager yeast, a step up from the generic yeast included under the lid of the Blue Ribbon malt extract can. I recreated that batch for batch #500 in the late 90's, even down to the same 8-gallon crock, and the flavor bought back many memories of such batches. I've done everything from those primitive extract brews to ten-gallon all-grains, probably around 5,000 gallons, and almost all of it was good to real good. I got married in 2005 and that has slowed me down some. I'll be brewing #673 tomorrow, 9/16/2013. It will be a Kentucky Common Ale with Belle Saison yeast. Looking forward to brewing #1,000 in about 17 years when I'm 78 years old.

Back