Autumn Leaves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIGMAN

Reaction score
OK, so here I was on a beautiful Autumn Sunday in New York. What better to do than brew a batch of beer. I brewed an American Amber extract kit from NB, Everything went great during the brewing process, and my immersion cooler kicked butt because the tap water is now cold enough to do the whole job. Just when my thermometer hit 70F, wouldn't you know it, a leaf falls in the wort. I was able to pick it out immediately, but now of course it will be on the back of my mind until I'm hopefully drinking a non-infected Amber.:tank:

Oh I'm sure it'll all work out. I would like to think it will add a special aroma of autumn in your area :D Anyways, RDWHAHB, but seems like you may already be doing that!

Been there done that... I had just begun chilling when the leaf dropped in. After fishing it out I just put the fire to it again and restarted chilling after that. I didn't have any problems. That's why I now put the lid on my pot at flame out (I have notches in the lid cut out for the IC).

I doubt it would cause any problems... I always slap the lid on the kettle with the chiller tubes sticking out the edge.

Same thing happen to me, except I also got attacked by the giant horse flies. Hopefully none of them made it through the tin foil into the wort.

Latest posts

Back