Auto siphon clip moving left to right - fix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhusker18

Reaction score
I use 5 gal buckets. Normal size racking cane auto siphon. Saw that someone recommended you could use a cloths pin with a rubber band for a cheap clip to hold the autosiohin in place. I also had a buddy give me a plastic autosiohin clip. With both methods, I still find my auto siphon wants to move left and right pretty freely. When it does, it will fall over and make a mess. Most of the reason seems to be that the clamping method is loose and allows wiggle.

It would be nice to have it hold fixed and not move, so I had hands free and could walk away for a second if I needed. That way I could just focus on keeping the siphon positioned up and down with the level of the beer being transferred.

Any ideas or tips? Hopefully you can understand the issue I am explaining.

Yep, I totally understand. I use a rubber coated metal clamp that is about twice as big as clothes pin. I ram it up from the bottom of the siphon clip. It holds it in place pretty good but the racking cane can still move if you push it hard enough.

I stopped using the clip and just hold the siphon, lowering it as the wort level drops. I find it so much easier than messing with the clip.

Latest posts

Back