• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Austin: Refrigerator for keggerator or will build w/ new or used parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infidel

Reaction score
Austin, don't move here. We don't have water or sp
This has been in service for 11 years as my main keggerator. It is not going to win a beauty contest but has been cleaned. Nothing wrong with it as far as function goes.
101013.jpg

101029.jpg

101045.jpg

101322.jpg

The drilled holes for the shanks are parallel on the outside :D I can drill more if needed.
The beer storage is pretty amazing for an upright refrigerator. I put a couple of kegs in it to show how much it can hold. That silver "yard stick" inside is 40", not 36. The blue one is 48" (or is it 48+2?)
Without much effort I have always been able to store 6 x 5 gallon corny kegs, and have even put 2 x 2.5 gallon corny kegs on top of those for a total of 35 gallons of beer storage. Yep, 8 kegs at once. Not roomy at that point, but it can be done. If you have all pin-lock kegs, which are a bit more short and round you will need to mix in some ball-lock kegs to hold 6 at once.
Freezer room up top for hops / grain. With a shelf (cinder block with scrap of wood) it will hold full size 1/2 bbl Sanke kegs with room to spare. Yes, still room for corny kegs with a Sanke. Even if you don't brew it is always nice to transfer the last 5 gallons from a commercial Sanke to a corny keg and have two on tap.
I have old parts I would sort of like to get rid of so I can build it to your specifications. It has two holes currently drilled for shanks. One of the shanks is definitely chrome plated brass and the chrome is work away. I have fittings, and can put whatever combination of fittings you want.

There is a MFL bulkhead through the door so the CO2 tank can be stored outside if desired. If you don't need that I'll be glad to fill the hole and keep the fitting.

It is my suggestion that you look at the price of a complete kit from the retailer of your choice and buy a complete kit with stainless shanks and faucets. Terminate everything as you wish. I prefer MFL fittings myself but am not going to dictate what you use. I can do all the labor. I've built a few of these since I started kegging in 1989 and built many while working for a home-brew store here in Austin for a number of years.
I want $75 for the refrigerator alone. You provide a complete kit and I'll install it for $25.

If you want my used parts here is a rough breakdown...
My estimate for a full CO2 tank 5# is $80. If you don't care if it is out of date and empty, then $40.
2 old Shanks with tailpieces... $10
2 new brass faucets $25 (or pick something else)
Old Norgren regulator (~20 years?) with Ashcroft USA high pressure gauge $30 as is - it has no shutoff valve and low pressure gauge is broken, or Amazon part for $46.90 http://www.amazon.com/Kegco-Premium-Series-Gauge-Regulator/dp/B003WX772G .
New beverage - beer line (not stuff from hardware store) and cheaper vinyl air lines with your choice of step-less oetiker clamps (must be cut off, I have the proper installation tool) or the more commonly used and reusable worm clamps ... provided at reasonable price.
A few parts to complete could be thrown in.
I have a few assorted pin-lock and ball lock fittings for corny kegs.
5 gallon corny keg $70 rebuilt, or $60 if you do it yourself. This one has a blue top but a few dings. Noticed the lid shown is not vented, but I have some of those and will make sure you get a good lid.
I can weld a bracket onto the lid for dry-hopping bag.
A few extra $ for MFL fittings if you want them.
Have a Sanke tap and old quarter barrel (bud/miller/coors?) Sanke keg I could add for trade in value.
Can throw in a picnic faucet with MFL fitting or whatever you need to fit your setup.

Do the math if you want me to build it for you with old parts or new.
Reply to the thread, my inbox is full. I can send you an email address to begin communication.
I'm in South Austin and don't have the ability to deliver. Near West Gate and William Cannon. Available most days / evenings.
Thanks for looking,
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
T square only comes with the complete deal, lift gate truck white glove delivery.

but obviously everything is negotiable, which half of the t-square? cut lengthwise with a plasma torch supplied by customer? I suppose you wanted the now empty can of Resin as well? Director's chair not included.:p

Should I edit everything out to : refrigerator without shelves, but happens to hold a lot of kegs. $75
and a bunch of junk.
i'll do an hours worth of work for only $25.

it still seems too wordy.
just making space.
do i need to throw in 30 gallons of mystery beer, kegs not included? one of em is 9 years old, made with two year old grain, a pound of EKG to 11% abv. One is 5 year old Devil's backbone, and a partridge in a pear tree? One might be sanitizer.

Comes with a free 20 liter oak barrel used to hold rain water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back