Austin Homebrew's SS Bulkhead review - Igloo mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homebrew heaven sells SS bulk head fittings $26.95
GAH! That's exactly what I was hoping to get in the first place. They have one in brass for $10, too. I searched Google for days and didn't find that.

Thanks so much,

-Joe, posting as me for consistency.

No reply from Infidel, no reply to my PM to Forrest over a month ago, and AHS customer service doesn't care.

Ah, well. There are plenty of other places to spend my money.

I did finally get the bulkhead to seal, albeit without the "permanent and leak-proof" nut. It took plenty of Teflon tape and patience. At least it was a learning experience.

-Joe

Joe, I wouldn't write off AHS - I am sure if you had wanted to return the item Forrest would have taken care of you. I have been more than impressed by their customer service when I had issues with orders, so I don't think they have written you off. They are probably just not sure what exactly you are wanting from them since you have kept and are using the item and it is the community "standard" for a bulkhead - for right or wrong.

Jonnio,

It's not a matter of what I want, it's a matter of how the whole thing was handled.

I wrote an email to customer service saying the item I bought is not what I thought it was and that I felt cheated for being deluded into buying a collection of miscellaneous parts. The answer was two sentences: "Thanks for the feedback. That's called a bulkhead." I wrote an email back trying to explain that a person who doesn't know what "the community standard" for a bulkhead is wouldn't be helped by the description and picture on AHS's website. I did not hear back from tech support after that.

Infidel came into this thread and told me to read the instructions. When I explained that I followed the instructions exactly and showed pictures, I never heard back from him.

I sent a PM directly to Forrest explaining the situation and how I felt, and I never heard back from him.

I guess all I really want is a little understanding and to be treated like my business is valuable.

Instead I've been first made to feel like an idiot - because obviously I should have known that what I was buying was a collection of spare parts, since that's the community standard - and then ignored by the three different channels of communication I had with AHS.

Maybe I'm an isolated incident and everyone else has had great service from AHS; that's great. I'm not trying to change anyone else's opinion, just sharing my own experience.

-Joe

Latest posts

Back