Auber Voltmeter and Ammeter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayZab

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build a Kal inspired control panel and was wondering if anyone has experience using the Auber voltmeter (DV-100) and ammeter (DA-100) and what you think of them? They appear to simplify Kal's design by using AC to power the meters instead of DC which gets rid of the transformers and DC power supplies. The ammeter also uses an inductive transducer instead of a shunt.

Links to meters:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_50&products_id=488
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_50&products_id=489

I have not used the Auber units, but have you considered a combo unit that displays volts and amps in a single display?
I just bought this one, but have not tried it yet. It is functionally the same as the Auber item 490, and 1/2 the price.

I have not used the Auber units, but have you considered a combo unit that displays volts and amps in a single display?
I just bought this one, but have not tried it yet. It is functionally the same as the Auber item 490, and 1/2 the price.

Nice, that looks identical. How would you go about hooking that up in a 240v control panel? Would you just have two hot 120v lines going into the voltmeter, I don't see a space for a neutral wire if I need to do that.

Nice, that looks identical. How would you go about hooking that up in a 240v control panel? Would you just have two hot 120v lines going into the voltmeter, I don't see a space for a neutral wire if I need to do that.

2 wires for the 240v, hot & hot, no neutral. The coil goes over 1 hot wire, and it's 2 wires go to the board. The coil senses the current. I'm putting my sense coil on the hot lead that also feeds my RIMS when on 120 so I can monitor the higher use line.

I think I'm going to go with the Auber ones, simply because I'm probably buying a pre-cut control panel. Does the following wiring diagram look correct (the hot bus comes from side 1 of the power in relay and the boil relay 2 comes from side 2 of the power in relay).

Meter diagram.png

You are correct for your wire-up. Wish these were available when I built mine. I got what was supposed to be an AC volt meter from flea bay that was DC. Kal and Spike from EBL sold me a correct unit, at that time they didn't sell individual pieces.

Just received my parts. The wiring from the ammeter to the coil is only a few inches long. So I will either need to extend the wiring of the cool to reach the other end of my panel (to prevent the 10 gauge wire from crossing sides of the panel) or route my 10 gauge wire across the panel to reach the coil. Is it possible to extend the coil with extra wire or will this affect the readings?

RayZab. Sorry bout dredging up your old thread BUT how are the Auber Dv-100 and
Da-100 volt and amp meters working in your Kal clone panel? I just purchased these today when I found this thread. How did you extend the wire for the transducer loop? I would think that some signal wire would work fine. 18 awg- 22 awg maybe. Did it effect the reading? I bought an Electric Brewery Back2Back kit pre punched and after a year finally finished building out the panel only to find out that something in the volt and amp meter circuits is not right and it not my wiring. Triple checked. Did some reading found this tread and figured the less complexity inside this large heavy black box of awesome the better. While reading on the electric brewery forum Kal said he did't goes with the Auber meters because of ascetics. Something about the blue not matching the power switch on light.

Well got the Auber meters installed last night. They look great and the blue back light is a fair match. Hooked up according to the schematic RayZab provided and all seems to work. Am gonna try and do a wet run tomorrow after work.

There is some problems with going this route. If you have already installed the transformers and power supplies from The Electric Brewery kit and then decide to for whatever reason to use the Auber meters you will have 5 unneeded parts inside the box. If ascetics are a big deal to you it will look less full/busy in the box when you take the unused parts out. Like I did.

Maybe I will install a Flux Capacitor. Perhaps, if I can get this thing to boil for exactly 88 minutes while consuming exactly 1.21 gigawatts I can go back and......

Latest posts

Back