Auber sly 2352 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dye4me

Reaction score
I fired up my control panel last night ran thru the electric brewry start up instructions for the auber sly 2352 pid controller. Everything works but between the the rtd probe and the pid the probe measured temp seems to be going down as the water got hotter. Started with 100f water heated to 130f and pid pv went from 100f to 90f. Two things beer and time didn't allow me to check last nite are if the probe is wired wrong. Also I just had my probe hanging in the kettle last night an it fell in about 4" past the prob connector. Could this cause an inverse reading?

Check your wiring and confirm the PID is set for RTD. If the probe fell into liquid past the connector, odds are the connections got wet. They will need to be cleaned and dried. If it was just water, that's fine. If it was wort, it will be a bit harder.

Reds are to 3 and 4 clear is to 5. Seems to work a little better now that it is dry but it's out 15f ( could only get to 83f under my arm pit) and the pid does not seem to cut out after the pv rises above sv. I read another post about setting hy 1 and hy2 to 3 f but it's at default 9999 and is gonna take a while to walk down that far.my sn is 21 cool was at 10 moved it to 8 shouldn't matter I'm not using alarms. Do I have to set a program just to hold temp at sv?

Sounds like you have the probe connected to the correct terminals on the PID, but that you are using an RTD manufactured by someone other than whom Auber gets theirs from. I don't use the Hystersis alarm so my HY1 and HY2 are still 9999. If SN is 21 then that's right for an RTD. Cool being set to 8 or 10 shouldn't matter either, I believe all you're doing there is changing from degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit.

I don't think you need to set a program to just to hold temp at SV. I'm not sure what you actually mean by that. BUT you do need to autotune the PID so it knows how to calculate the heat curve for your use.

I went back and read your original post. Did you solder up a disconnect from your panel to the probe? Maybe used XLR connectors? If so, are you sure you got the connections all the same? i.e. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3?

I bought pre soldered xls from the electric brewing company was going to try swapping 3 and 4 next

Things appear to becoming together. What do others run thier outl and outh at for a hwt? I'm thinkin 100 for both? Also what should I set my hy at?

Did you fix the RTD issue? If so, what was it? We all learn this way.

I have not changed the outl or outh settings. I've set hy to 1.0.

Latest posts

Back