Auber Contactor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewIt

Reaction score
I have 2 220v Auber contactors. I have them being feed with 2 hot's on one side then they feed into my SSR's. I have it being turned on with a switch. I have no power coming out of the contactors. It seems to be energized because I can here it humming. Here is a link to the contactors I have.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=439

I am so unbelievably disappointed with Auber. I have spent over $500 on their equipment and NONE of it comes with any directions or wiring diagrams. You're lucky if you can download something off of their website. If anyone is looking to buy Auber equipment I'd stay away for this simple but crucial fact. Sorry for the rant I am just red in the face with frustration at this point. I've been wiring my control panel for days and the only reason I'm not done is thanks to Auber. Any help would obviously be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I have 2 220v Auber contactors. I have them being feed with 2 hot's on one side then they feed into my SSR's. I have it being turned on with a switch. I have no power coming out of the contactors. It seems to be energized because I can here it humming. Here is a link to the contactors I have.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=439

I am so unbelievably disappointed with Auber. I have spent over $500 on their equipment and NONE of it comes with any directions or wiring diagrams. You're lucky if you can download something off of their website. If anyone is looking to buy Auber equipment I'd stay away for this simple but crucial fact. Sorry for the rant I am just red in the face with frustration at this point. I've been wiring my control panel for days and the only reason I'm not done is thanks to Auber. Any help would obviously be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Its a generic $9 contactor. They often come in a white unmarked box regardless of where you buy them.... Auber specailizes in the temp controllers they design.
all the other stuff like this they buy in bulk from china, markup and resell, some gets relabeled with directions and some like switches and relays often dont.. they should be offering "tech support" for the extra money though.
This is really just a heavy duty relay.. The switching power goes to the coil and the two (or sometimes 3) lines go to the respective spots marked as L1 and L2 (and possibly L3). It doesnt matter which end it in or out. In most cases stuff like this is ordered by people who have an understanding already of how it works and it often doesnt have detailed directions if any... The argument people often use for paying twice as much through auber is how well they support it so I'm surprised at your experience. Did you contact them about it?

It wires up the same as any other... if you hear it humming there is a good chance the coil is designed to run off a different voltage than your sending to it. are you sure its a 240v coil they make them in 120v and DC voltages as well.

Is the coil 110V or 220V? It's written in the box between A1 and A2 on the face of the contactor. The actual switched circuits are always rated for 220V, but the choice on their website is between 110V coil and 220V coil. Driving a 220V coil with 110V will definitely not engage.

It is a 240v. I checked back at my order. augiedoggy I must have it wired up correctly. If it doesn't matter which end then I'm ok. I'll have to get on with their tech support. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm from a 220V country, so my understanding of electricity is 220V across a live (hot) and neutral.

General standard for wiring DIN modules is bus at the top and switched at the bottom of the device. So your 220V hot bus should go into 1 & 3 and the switched lines to the SSR from 2 & 4. Then from SSR to load and back to neutral to complete the circuit.

Likewise the coil should be 220V hot bus to switch to A1 and then A2 back to the 220V neutral bus. (Whichever leg of the 220V circuit you have deemed neutral).

See attached circuit diagram.

Untitled 1.jpg

Back