Auber 2352 Weirdness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebstauffer

Reaction score
I recently "reboxed" my element controller after after taking receipt of a new kettle. When I initially powered on the PID I got the orAL message. I powered down to measure the resistance of the RTD and found:

R(1) - W 106 ohms
R(2) - W 143 ohms
R - R 53 ohms

Measuring the XLR connector directly on the RTD I get much closer the 100 / 0 ohm values I would expect. FWIW I have this exact connector: http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=269

Upon checking the connections and powering back up the orAL was gone but the PID shows my PV as 39 F when per the thermapen is 64. When I went to AT again the OUT indicator illuminates but no LED on the SSR.

SO.. what should I replace?

Ended up replacing the portion of the cable inside of the enclosure. Soldered everything including the spade lugs. That fixed the whacked out orAL and ****y temperatures. Still having issue were OUT indicator is lit but no voltage at pins 7 and 8.

Edit: OUT indicator issue fixed by paying damn attention to polarity.

Back