Atlanta, must-find brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrazela

Reaction score
Going to Atlanta for a business trip next week, what are the must-find brews? I am partial to ipa's with good malt / hop balance, but willing to try whatever's good.

If not to late, sweet water jail break IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Not sure if they have on in Atlanta? 5 seasons brewing or brew pub in Macon, gotta love the drive thru liquor store down there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Jekyll Brewing hop dang diggity is pretty good for the south. If you can make it to the Brick Store pub or the Porter Beer Bar you will be doing well.

Good call on Brickstore. Monday night brewing just released bed head, a coffee IPA. If interested, the pic shows what's on tap at Cypress in midtown. What part of town are you in?

For convenience, Wrecking Bar and Porter are a couple blocks apart. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400104143.593194.jpg

At Porter tonight-Monday night Blind Pirate (dipa) aged on vanilla beans and Red Brick Hoptanta on Brett.

Good job visiting Atlanta during AmericanCraft Beer Week. How long you in town? The correct answer is through Saturday morning. Trust me.

I really should think about leaving the house tonight.

Unfortunately leaving Friday morning.

Hit the Brick House. Started with a Highland Gaelic ale, followed by a Founder's All Day. They just kicked the oaked Hoplanta but brought me the last half glass gratis (very enjoyable, wish they had more.). Enjoyed those with the grits and sausage appetizer (very nice). Enjoyed a Terrapin Maggie's Farmhouse saison then a Three Taverns White Hops ipa (fantastic!) with my chicken pot pie (which was not that great). Finished up with a Left Hand milk stout (also fantastic).

All in all a fine evening of beer tourism, thanks all for the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back