Assembling Kegging System (Keezer) Check list help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkyl428

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First off let me say I know nothing about kegging and am jumping in blind b/c I am sick of bottling...

I have been assembling various parts and I think I am getting close I just thought I might check with some people who know about kegging to see if I am missing anything.

Here is what I have so far:

just ordered from kegconnection.com -2 Faucet Fridge Homebrew Kegerator Kit
(Regulator and Air Systems: No Regulator Only "Air System Remains" (RA22CA-NR), Disconnects: (None) - $20.00, Beer Line: 10' Ultra Barrier Silver Beer Hose (HO316SB-10) +$12.00, Tailpieces: Stainless Steel Tailpieces - 2 (TP316SS-2) +$3.98, Faucet 1: None - (No Faucet) - $10.95, Faucet 2: None - (No Faucet) - $10.95, CO2 Cylinders: No CO2 Cylinder, Faucet Wrench: Deluxe Faucet Wrench for Faucet and Nut (FA800) $9.95, 15/16" Bi-Metal Hole Saw with Arbor, Perfect for drilling Faucet Shank Holes (SK600): Yes)

Already have

2 Pinlock Kegs I am going to replace orings on as soon as the orings come in the mail

Pinlock socket

Taprite T752HP 2 Product Dual Pressure 60# 2000# PSI Beer Primary Co2 Regulator

5lb CO2 Tank

Need to get

2- Perlick Perl Faucet - Stainless - w/Flow Control

2- Shank Assembly 4" - Stainless Steel

2- Taphandles

Pin lock MFL Quick Disconnects gas & liquid for 2 kegs

Drip Tray

Freezer fitted with collar & johnson control

2 more pin lock kegs (this will likely be the last thing I buy)

Am I missing anything here I have no idea how this all will come together, but I think I am on the right track for assembling a nice keezer.

Any help is appreciated as I said I have no idea what I am doing, but it can't be that hard to figure out once I have all the pieces..

Wow really diving in there!

I just now got around to building a collar and getting perlicks and that stuff.

I went easy at first and just bought a regulator, co2 tank, line with t's, picnic taps, digital temp controller and I was rocking and rolling.

I think you have it going well there.

Wow really diving in there!

I just now got around to building a collar and getting perlicks and that stuff.

I went easy at first and just bought a regulator, co2 tank, line with t's, picnic taps, digital temp controller and I was rocking and rolling.

I think you have it going well there.

Thanks, I figure if it's worth doing it's worth doing right lol, and I hate upgrading things I have already spent money on.

I'm about to move into a new house and this is kinda like a housewarming present to myself :D

I literally have no idea how this will all go together, but I am trying to make all my upgrades now, so I won't have to later.

So my list looks good? that should be everything I need to get going?

Looks like it.

Did you buy 2 10 foot sections of beer line or just one 10 foot section?

Looks like it.

Did you buy 2 10 foot sections of beer line or just one 10 foot section?

I think two? I ordered the "2 Faucet Fridge Homebrew Kegerator Kit" from Kegconnection and the picture shows 2 it looks like it might be 10', 5' per line is that right or are those lines going to be too short?

yes, with a couple upgrades, and minus a few options

I did the "10' Ultra Barrier Silver Beer Hose (HO316SB-10) +$12.00"

With flow control it'll probably be good. I have the perlick 630ss with 7 and 6 feet lines and at first they were good but now I'm having some foam. I ordered 10ft lines just yesterday.

You probably didn't need that special wrench if you have a crescent wrench. I just have the one for the faucet. We also just used a 7/8' bit we already had laying around to drill for the shanks. We had to open them up a bit though.

Awesome! I thought I might not need the tools I just hate having to run to lowes last minute to buy things lol...

I'm looking forward to having my beer on tap at my house, Thanks for your help this all seems really complicated, but so did making beer before i started and i seem to have figured that out:mug:

There's no doubt it's complicated. I have about $1000 in my keezer that is just about finished. I have almost $300 just in 4 perlick taps with the tailpiece and all that jazz.

I wired a ranco digital controller myself and got that on ebay for $45. Then a 6ft extension cord for $5. Picked up a mini chest freezer for $159 at home depot.

You'll also need a dehumidifier and they have rechargeable ones on Amazon. I can't think of what they're called right now.

Where are you getting co2? I have $100 in a 5lb tank.

On a side note how long should a 5lb tank last me? In terms of how many kegs on average can you carbonate & serve on a 5lb tank?

Well with this last tank I believe I'm on 6 or 7 and still going strong. With the last one I only got 4. I have to wonder if the tank wasn't all the way full.

That's not bad, I am not much for handy work, but I have confidence I should be able to do this with enough help from HBT & YouTube videos...

Can't wait to pour that first beer....

Thanks again for your help man

Back