ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Need three FFL to barb fittings by Friday!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys79

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get 3 1/4" FFL to 5/16" barb swivels by Friday!?!?! My local brewshop is out and I can't find anyone charging under $50 to ship $10 in parts next day!!! Anyone know of a shop that will ship USPS? An express mail shipment should be under $20.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM with the details. I can swing by Austin Homebrew at lunch tomorrow and drop them in a UPS overnight envelope. Base UPS rate is $26 for an Overnight envelope to a business address plus parts.

If AHS has them, you have them Friday morning.

Are you talking about these?

fflbarbed.jpg

A 5/16" FFL flare nut and barbed stem fitting. It is used with MFL disconnects to attach 5/16" inner diameter hose.

They need to be 5/16", or can you clamp it down? I picked up a bunch of those at my LHBS - they toss them in a bucket after cutting the soda lines off corny kegs. But I believe they're only 1/4" barb.

Edwort - Yes, that's what I need.

MadDwarf - They need to be 5/16", the reinforced hose I have won't seal on 1/4" barbs, even with clamps. I already have a few ball locks with 1/4" barbs.

Err, frustrated!! Damn tiny local brew shops with very small inventory and limited selection. Guess it's better than no local brew shop at all though.

Home depot should have those fittings.. or any hardware supply store.

Thats definately not a brew specific part.

The only place locally I could find that carried ANYTHING that would connect to the ball lock fitting is the local hose supply shop, and they were out of stock on necessary pieces to put something together to get to 5/16". 1/4" they could do... It would have been a jury rigged solution anyways, involving at least 3 seperate parts. It may not be a keg specific connection type, but it is definitely a VERY specialty part. I couldn't even find anything from McMaster Carr that would work for it. Iechyd Da hooked me up though, so it's all good. I'll just add a few to my next supply order so I have extras on hand for when I need them.

Back