Arrested Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerzeek

Reaction score
HI
I have a temp drop and it seems to have stopped my fermentation short.
OG 1.067
FG 1.041

Any ideas to ferment the remaining sugar?

thanks

how long has it stopped? sometimes it won't show anything for 72-hours and then crank up. You can repitch yeast or add a yeast nutrient with the repitch to get it going

Its been stopped for a week. No bubbling and no change in gravity. Should I re-aerate?

I'm having the same exact issue right now.

---Double IPA, mashed 150.

---3 smack packs Pacman Yeast, in 4 L starter, decanted and added collected yeast of that starter into another 4 L starter. (good amount of yeast for 20 gallons)

---OG 1.078

Fermentation started off great for 24 hours, then died down because temperature in the garage struggled around 52. I thought Pacman could pull it off... I'm 2 weeks now at 1.040. And just brought fermenters inside.

Will it start back up and get me down to 1.013 (full attenuation?) I'm guessing not, but good luck with your reactivation of your yeast. Hope it works out for ya.

I too am having the same problem. I made my first batch on Saturday night (Autumn Amber Ale). Fermentation took off and my airlock was going crazy for the first couple of days. I have a 6.5 gallon plastic fermenter so I can't see what's going on inside but my airlock activity has stopped last night. The temperature has been about 64-67 in the room it's currently in. I'm thinking about just waiting until 2 weeks to take a hydrometer reading and then take another one a couple of days later.

Back