Are morebeer ultimate conis heated with fermwrap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_M

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says how are their conicals heated? I was thinking I was going to wrap my immersion chilled brewhemoths in fermwrap and then insulate them with http://www.zorotools.com/g/Insul-Sheet S2S Insulation/00070111/. Well when I got the fermwraps it says to not insulate both sides..

I guess my question is what's your interpretation of "insulate both sides" I'm hoping I'm stressing over nothing. Also what are your thoughts on the fermwrap and possible condensation since the plastic clips that are attached to it are a bit thick which is going to cause the insulation to not be 100% snug. I was thinking I'd wrap the ends of the clips with electrical tape to help prevent condensation getting into the small exposed areas. What would you guys do? :mug:

I'm pretty sure the MoreBeer conicals are heated and cooled with Peltier type TEC's, not Fermwrap. I believe that if one side of the Fermwrap is attached to your conical, you won't be insulating both sides. On your condensation question, I'm not sure it will be an issue. The Fermwrap should be water resistant. You might want to look at the connectors to be sure they are well covered - maybe use some marine grade heat shrink tubing to be sure to keep any liquid out. I don't have condensation issues as my fermentation room (aka basement) is humidity controlled and I keep it pretty dry. And in the winter it's not an issue at all.

I'm pretty sure the MoreBeer conicals are heated and cooled with Peltier type TEC's, not Fermwrap. I believe that if one side of the Fermwrap is attached to your conical, you won't be insulating both sides. On your condensation question, I'm not sure it will be an issue. The Fermwrap should be water resistant. You might want to look at the connectors to be sure they are well covered - maybe use some marine grade heat shrink tubing to be sure to keep any liquid out. I don't have condensation issues as my fermentation room (aka basement) is humidity controlled and I keep it pretty dry. And in the winter it's not an issue at all.

That makes sense, I thought the Peltiers could only cool. You learn something new everyday! I think it's gonna be ok just trying to overthink this as currently they are housed at my brew partners house and I want to minimize any risk. Thanks for your response.

Latest posts

Back