Are Medusa hops extinct in the brewing world?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaves

Reaction score
As stated I can’t find much info on them. I see they gained fame from their 2016 release but I’ve seen absolutely nothing since then. Any info out there?

As stated I can’t find much info on them. I see they gained fame from their 2016 release but I’ve seen absolutely nothing since then. Any info out there?

I made a Medusa IPA not too long ago (see some notes here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/omega-oyl-501-gulo.663426/). Bought the hops from Yakima on Black Friday. Paired it with a bit of Azacca and was happpy with the results. The AA was really, really low, so even using a full 8 oz, the hop character was relatively mild.

Were these still from 2016 or do they do yearly batches?

This is probably the best thread to post this as the most recent one with Medusa in the title - according to Stan Hieronymus' latest email the only commercial grower CLS Farms is pulling up their Medusa as it doesn't yield enough, so 2022 will be the last vintage of Medusa hops available commercially.

Back