Arbys... Yes I know but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After high school, I had to work at an Arby's for about 6 months while waiting for a gig. After spending time in the kitchen it was years before I could bring myself to eat Arby's food again and I still won't set foot in the one I worked in.

But that's probably true about most places. If you see what goes on behind the scenes, you'll never want to eat there again. I still can't eat glazed donuts after working in a bakery. *shudder* the glazer... I wake up with nightmares about that thing...

I had one a few weeks ago on the day they were giving them away for free if you bought a drink and said "I'm here to change my burger". I didn't think it was all that great. A regular Arby-que with Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce is loads better.

I know about the horrible crap that can and does go on. I try not to think about it when stuck at work starving. The thing I guess that helps this sandwich for me is the extra seasoning and blue cheese. I will eat almost anything with blue cheese on it! I might of gotten lucky too, because I had a ton of everything on this today.

After high school, I had to work at an Arby's for about 6 months while waiting for a gig. After spending time in the kitchen it was years before I could bring myself to eat Arby's food again and I still won't set foot in the one I worked in.

But that's probably true about most places. If you see what goes on behind the scenes, you'll never want to eat there again. I still can't eat glazed donuts after working in a bakery. *shudder* the glazer... I wake up with nightmares about that thing...

I was in a burger king drive through and the "pay" window was closed but I could see the kids working in there. I saw two kids go over to the glove dispenser to get gloves to put on and the one kid dropped his glove on the floor, pick it up and put it on. I guess he thought the gloves were to protect "his hands". Ever see the floor of a fast food place back where they prepare the food?? Good thing I was next and my food already bagged (I hope) but I was so starved I was about to faint.

I worked at Arbys for a year and a half while in high school. I still eat the food, love it! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHDN3_X4QY]YouTube - Arby's Birthday Commercial[/ame]

A million years ago, there was a pie shop in my home town. They served the best steak and kidney pies I ever tasted. They did all the other pies too, even them fruit pies. The entire bakery was open and you would see them making the pies from beginning to end in store beyond the service counter......Man, I miss that shop. Great great pies, and you could see them not spitting in your food. :)

A million years ago, there was a pie shop in my home town. They served the best steak and kidney pies I ever tasted. They did all the other pies too, even them fruit pies. The entire bakery was open and you would see them making the pies from beginning to end in store beyond the service counter......Man, I miss that shop. Great great pies, and you could see them not spitting in your food. :)

Why did the movie Sweeney Todd just pop into my head? :D

These Bacon & Blue roast burgers are shockingly delicious!

I had one of those for lunch last Friday. Had a coupon for a free one if I bought the drink and fries. Lunch for $3, not bad. I thought the sandwich was pretty good. I like blue cheese, but I found it too messy, drippy. I will probably not get another unless I have another comparable coupon.

thank god i never worked in the food industry, although i'd probably be a few pounds lighter hahah.

I gotta go with a classic Beef N Cheddar. Had on today for lunch, tasty!

I had one of those for lunch last Friday. Had a coupon for a free one if I bought the drink and fries. Lunch for $3, not bad. I thought the sandwich was pretty good. I like blue cheese, but I found it too messy, drippy. I will probably not get another unless I have another comparable coupon.

I did notice it was drippy, one complaint. Was better then most fast food offerings though, I get blinded by blue cheese though.

Latest posts

Back