Apricot purée

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopcop

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make a spring beer and want to know if I can use this apricot purée in the secondary. The list of ingredients seem ok to me but I've never used fruit before.
Anybody that has used fruit purée in a beer, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394099464.057114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i mad an apricot ipa last summer. i used 3 lbs of puree in a 5 gallon batch. if i do it again, i'll cut that amount in half.

i mad an apricot ipa last summer. i used 3 lbs of puree in a 5 gallon batch. if i do it again, i'll cut that amount in half.

You also have to take into account if it was fresh puree you made or canned. As you notice on the label many canned ones are sweetened.

I was going to take the tub of purée which is 2.2# and divide that into two fermenters. My brew will be a 10 gallon yield. I've heard that apricot can take over the flavor. I was thinking hops first then a slight refreshing flavor of the apricots. From what I've read 1-2# is plenty for a 5 gallon batch. I've never made a fruit beer before so I'm walking into uncharted territory. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back