apricot flooring made my stink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khaos

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals I made a magic hat #9 clone about 6 weeks ago keged it last Saturday and added the apricot flavoring to the keg per bottle instructions from AHS and now it smells well like a sulfer fart. The beer tasted great from my hydro sample but now good night it's funky. What is going on with it?

Sorry about the title stupid auto correct stricks again... The title is funny though

Actually i had 5 1/4 gal post fermentation CBMbrewer it just has a funny smell to it and its rather hazy in the keg i'm hoping i didn't get an infection or maybe its still rather young with the flavoring in it i hope sure hope a couple weeks in the keg will clear it out and get rid of the smell.

Where can I buy this Apricot Flooring you speak of? My floors smell like feet and wood and I'm looking to do something different.

I think some sulphur smell is normal, and should dissipate in a week or two.

Hey homercidal i picked mine at austin homebrew and man it works great on floors lol! Thanks for the info though. I was worried! I have never made a flovored beer before! You would think after 46 batches i wouldn't worry so much, but when i go to get a glass and it smells like a football locker room it does make you worry abit. but i tried a sample and almost all of the smell is gone and it is coming along really nice. i think i will add the rasberry to my wheat in secondary before i keg it.

Back