Anyone using these Inkbird PID"S

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one, I haven't used anything else but I have no complaints. Seems to do everything I need so far.

I didn't use the k-type thermocouple in there, and instead am using a PT100 with 1/2" NPT threads

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADHNSGI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Was looking to start making my control panel and this popped up on Amazon. Not gonna lie that is a massive difference, could by a few extra as backups and still come out on top vs the SYL-2352's Anyone ever use these and if so what was the response?

Thanks

Andy
The inkbird ITC-106vh would be a better choice since it has Fahrenheit readout and a manual mode for an even boil control...

that or the MYPIN TD4 SNR which I have used many times and never had an issue.

I will point out that the EZBOIL units are superior in many ways with built in timers/alarms and mash and boil modes.. plus they use a different pid formula which works much better to control temps than any pid.

I eventually went the route of a $12 arduino and BRUCONTROL for my latest control panel which controls everything from my fermenter temps to brew panel all on a windows pc. Its not for everyone but it your the type that will likely expand your system down the road it a more cost effective system and really does have a lot of advantages..

Last edited by a moderator:
The inkbird ITC-106vh would be a better choice since it has Fahrenheit readout and a manual mode for an even boil control...

that or the MYPIN TD4 SNR which I have used many times and never had an issue.

I will point out that the EZBOIL units are superior in many ways with built in timers/alarms and mash and boil modes.. plus they use a different pid formula which works much better to control temps than any pid.

I eventually went the route of a $12 arduino and BRUCONTROL for my latest control panel which controls everything from my fermenter temps to brew panel all on a windows pc. Its not for everyone but it your the type that will likely expand your system down the road it a more cost effective system and really does have a lot of advantages..

Ahhh those part numbers are life savers. I think I might go with the MYPIN, does that one have a manual control for boil?

Back