Anyone used Amoretti Toasted Coconut Compound?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixxel

Reaction score
I'm rebrewing a chocolate coconut coffee sweet stout (3 gallon batch). Normally I add 18oz of toasted coconut to 3-gallon batches but was thinking of using amoretti toasted coconut compound instead. When I've used amoretti fruit artisans / compounds in 3 gal batches, I usually do 1 oz per gallon plus a little bit of real fruit.

Wondering if anyone has had experience using the toasted coco compound? Think 1 oz per gallon would equal the flavor and aroma of 18oz real toasted coconut? Does the amoretti toasted coconut have an odd or undesirable flavor? Any info and experiences with it would be a huge help!

From Amoretti - still looking for any people that have used it though to weigh in if possible:

Hi Missy. Unfortunately we do not have a conversion with our Compound compared to using toasted coconut flakes. We typically recommend using 0.5-1 oz per gallon. Toasted Coconut is a pretty potent flavor so you may want to start with just .5 oz and adjust if needed.

Latest posts

Back