Anyone use this stuff for their coffee stout before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drlars

Reaction score
I want to do a caramel latte stout for my first try at a stout. I'm not a fan of the dry 'Guinness'-types, so I'm planning to to use both oatmeal in my partial-mash, and adding lactose as well.

Anyway, there is a multitude of advice on this site about how to use coffee in your beer, but I think I like the idea of adding cold-brewed coffee at bottling.

So my question are: 1.) has anyone used this product before, and 2.) if so, any advice on how much to use for 5 gallons?

41gNo29Xt3L.jpg

It says its a concentrate. Unsweetened; the only ingredients listed are filtered water and coffee. The instructions are to add 1 fluid oz to 9 oz of hot or cold water and/or milk.

On their label they call their dispenser "uniquely"-shaped....

though I believe I've seen it somewhere before......

Heck, it must be good beer-karma that they co-opted the Star-San container, no?

Props to the Star San look alike.

Ive never used it but u should be fine. Is it syrupy/viscous at all? If so i'd just make sure to mix with enough water and agitate to get it fluid. If its not syrupy u could prob just add it right to ur bottling bucket/keg.

I've had the best results by making a STRONG coffee extraction in vodka (or grain alcohol) and then adding to-taste on bottling day. 1 cup of course - grind beans soaked in 1.5 cups vodka for at least 3 days should give you plenty of coffee flavors to satisfy!

Latest posts

Back