anyone tried RiteBrew.com's "B-Grade IPA" kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncweasel

Reaction score
just curious if anyone has tried RiteBrew.com's "B-Grade IPA" extract kit?

The only part that looks intriguing is that is has a total of 10oz of hops. I guess because the hops are not as fresh as they should be. The price ($34.49) is not that great considering for a few more dollars I could get their citra or centennial kits.

I have brewed one of their kits (blonde) and it is currently bottle conditioning. I also have their Oatmeal Stout (partial mash) on deck.

Spend the money on the fresh hop kit. I bought several ounces of Citra hops last year and the first ones I used were great but the one I did after the hops were in my freezer for several months don't have the same aroma. The beer I used them for was a bit of a disappointment having had the one made from the fresh hops for comparison.

I brewed two if them, due to the amount of hops and the price, plus I've had really good luck with rite brew kits. Have tried a few and getting a weird floral-ish hard

stevo4361 said:
I brewed two if them, due to the amount of hops and the price, plus I've had really good luck with rite brew kits. Have tried a few and getting a weird floral-ish hard

To describe flavor. Not bad, but I think fresh hops are worth the little extra cash. Could be a different hop variety I'm not used to as we'll though. As a note opening the hop packages none of them smelled bad or anything, maybe slightly muted hop aroma. Just my opinion, they warn you of what you're getting so not rite brews fault.

Latest posts

Back