Anyone seen/used the Delta Brewing Fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadKing

Western Yankee Southerner and Brew Science Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.deltabrewingsystems.com/

This looks like an ideal system for me.

The Flex+ with all the accessories for temp control and whatnot is the same price as a conical, but I don't harvest yeast and I don't need all of the other capabilities.

The SS Brewtech isn't rated for pressure transfers and it's a weldless fitting (I think).

This seems to have the right mix of features with a footprint that will fit in my existing fermentation chamber so I'm curious if anyone has ever used Delta stuff before.

Seems to be about the same as the SSBT Brew Bucket which I have. The SSBT can hold a couple PSI if needed for transfers. I have not needed to do pressure transfers. I use gravity and the only time I open the lid is to add dry hops. Never had an oxidation issue in over two years of use. 5 PSI isn't much and I see no benefit for such a low PSI rating.

IMO a better option would be the snub nose Fermentasaurus that can be pressurized to 35 psi. Much cheaper than the stainless options and will allow one to ferment under pressure.

Kegland is coming out with a All Rounder fermenter which is a smaller footprint that the one I mentioned above. I'm planning on getting one once they hit the US Market.

Don't get me wrong, stainless is nice, looks good and will last if taken care of. I also looked at the Spike Flex+ but the cost factor turned me away plus it can only only 15 psi I believe.

Seems to be about the same as the SSBT Brew Bucket which I have. The SSBT can hold a couple PSI if needed for transfers. I have not needed to do pressure transfers. I use gravity and the only time I open the lid is to add dry hops. Never had an oxidation issue in over two years of use. 5 PSI isn't much and I see no benefit for such a low PSI rating.

IMO a better option would be the snub nose Fermentasaurus that can be pressurized to 35 psi. Much cheaper than the stainless options and will allow one to ferment under pressure.

Kegland is coming out with a All Rounder fermenter which is a smaller footprint that the one I mentioned above. I'm planning on getting one once they hit the US Market.

Don't get me wrong, stainless is nice, looks good and will last if taken care of. I also looked at the Spike Flex+ but the cost factor turned me away plus it can only only 15 psi I believe.

This has several more ports and a bottom cone drain beyond the SS Brewtech, plus it's welded fittings which I prefer.

I always do pressure transfers and its a PITA with big mouth fermenters, and I'm pretty sensitive to oxidative flavors so I take great care to eliminate oxygen on the cold side. 5psi is nice for cold crashing, and I strongly dislike putting pressure into anything that's not rated for it. It doesn't take much to cause damage and I've seen a glass carboy explode from 2 psi in person (nobody was injured luckily). So for my specific needs and methods I think this is superior to the brew bucket.

I wasn't aware of the pressure rated fermentasaurus so I'll look into that. Thanks!

Back