Anyone make rejuvelac?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems I've at least partially started the process. I make a sprouted grain bread from time to time. It's super dense, and kind of tough to work with (especially if you have a hand mill or a weak motor) but you wouldn't even need to do that with this recipe it seems.

If I get my hands on some grain I'll germinate it and soak it.

I make rejuvelac often as well as kombucha. It's a pretty easy process. I learned at OHI. Here after bit ill try and post the OHI recipe, but my recipe is 3/4c wheat berries, 1oz rye, 1oz fenugreek. Measurements equal 1cup of grain. I poor the whole grain into a quart jar fill with clean room temp water and leave 8-12 hrs. Then drain, dump the soaked grains in the food processor tap the pulse button a few times to break the grains. Then dump that in a gallon jar fill with water let ferment for 2 days strain out the grain and put in fridge. When first starting probiotic drinks it's beast to start small 4oz servings and move up gradually as your system might take a little shock from it.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420292501.234549.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420292518.763161.jpg
Rejuvelac is basically a lambic with a SG of like 1.010, really you can use any kind of grain and just get creative. After you master sprouting malting is just another step away and your own specialty grains can be right out in your own yard.

PS, with my experience quinoa is great in rejuvelac for the first day or two. But then it begins to smell like cocaine and that just bothers me haha... I like to add rye for complexity and fenugreek to balance it adds a almost maple like note. After drinking for a week or so the fenugreek will start to change your BO from sour to maple like as well. It is very interesting

Back