Anyone in Utah had Epics Coffee Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nos33

Reaction score
I just saw this on a local blog and was wondering if anyone has tried it. It is called Jack Mormon Coffee Stout. I am holding off on my next brew because it is either going to be an oatmeal stout or a coffee stout. Thanks for any feedback

I tried their lager last week. May wander over to liquor store and check that one out for ya today

I have had almost all of their beers but have yet to try this one. I think it is about $12 per bottle. Might be a little steep for me but if it is from Epic I am sure it is good.

I've tried it, but I wouldn't really trust my judgment as I do NOT like any coffee flavor. Basically to me it was too overwhelming coffee flavor for me. My girlfriend who is a coffee drinker enjoyed it immensely though. I would say if you like dark beers with coffee notes, you'll like it a lot!

I've tried all their standards and a couple of their "seasonals" I was not all that impressed....I would not buy their Lagers again. If I am buying I would rather have somthing from Squaters. IMO the Wasatch Coop does a better job with their beer....but then again I guess that is why there is more than only Bud on the shelves. In a bold attempt to steal the thread.....has anyboy got a clone for Uinta's Anglers Ale? My wife loves the stuff and I apreciate the balance of hops and malt, anyway I would like to work up a recipe or copy one if anybody has one. I have never been able to find anything.

Back