Anyone hear of these guys before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly_Guy

Reaction score
I was perusing facebook, something that's increased exponentially since the quarantine and came across an advertisement for brewbrandz.com. Apparently they are a homebrewe testing and review site, where if you sign up you get free stuff to use and paid for your reviews.

So anyone hear of this place before or use them? If so, was it worth it?

Looks like it may be funded by the bigger companies as I saw something for Northern Brewer pop up which isn't necessarily bad I'd just rather give my money to my LHBS. Anyway I filled out a simple application - they didn't ask for much more than e-mail and facebook account - so i figured why not.

Even IF it is legit, it is so new that I seriously doubt you could receive honest feedback without wonder who really was giving that feedback. Many business jack up their ratings by providing positive feedback to influence others. Just saying. No history with bbb.org.

Good luck....

"Terms Of Service
Last Updated on March 1st, 2020

At this moment we currently work with 50+ brew brands that are all selling their products through Amazon.com - as a result, the main requirement we have for all our members is that they have an Amazon Prime account. And I mention that you need a Prime account because with Prime membership the shipping is FREE. While all the brands reimburse the full price of the products, including the taxes, they do not reimburse shipping costs.
All reimbursements will be sent via PayPal, so it's essential that you have an active PayPal account where you can receive the payments from us (or directly from the brands). And by the way - I know you might not trust the reimbursement process and you are thinking what happens if you purchase the product and you will never receive the money? You don't have to worry about that! We're sending you the money in advance before you even make the purchase.
So, what do the brands expect in exchange for the free product? Just your honest opinion and feedback. They want you to use the products for at least 2 weeks before completing a detailed survey. Once you've completed the survey you will also receive an additional amount of money (ranging from $5 to $50) as a brand reward for the feedback you have provided.
You will receive the reward within 48 hours after completing the survey. Please note that some brands choose to offer higher rewards if you include images or videos with your feedback.
Finally, you should know that as a new member with no history you will receive access to the lower tier brands - which are less known and only offer $5-$7 in rewards. Over the next 1-2 months as the brands rate your activity and quality of feedback you will unlock brands from higher tiers as well."

I'm just an end user, so I would just be giving the review and using products and such.

That's some awesome information, I looked so hard to find out more but kept striking out. I already have a prime account and a paypal account from all sorts of things so those aren't an issue. I have no problems giving an honest opinion about anything - might be my worst trait haha.

I guess I'll see what my options are if they even take me. I'll keep this updated and let everyone who comes across this know whether it was a bust or kinda cool/fun/worth it.

Thanks again for the info!

Pretty sure nobody has done much with them yet, and no surprise that there isn't any info about it out there.
whois said:
Domain Name: brewbrandz.com

Registry Domain ID: 2506224387_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.rrpproxy.net

Registrar URL: www.globehosting.com

Updated Date: 2020-03-27T15:36:18Z

Creation Date: 2020-03-22T18:32:23Z
Looks like it has existed for less than two weeks.

Wow, usually i feel like my googling skills are pretty legit...apparently not.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Yeah, no kidding. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am a little. Usually when see offers like that I know it's too good to be true, got a little overexcited this time haha.

So glad this forum exists!
Thanks again for all the info!

I see where they claim the "reimbursement" is paid ahead of you spending your money. Sorry, but this looks a little scammy to me.

Yeah, it seems my google skills failed me earlier.
Oh well.
Glad I came to the pros!

You need to take off your beer goggles when your beer Googling. :drunk:

I deserve whatever abuse I get for that one.

I'm giving you a standing ovation for this one! You have no idea how badly I needed this laugh! Best dad joke of the year lol!!

Latest posts

Back