Anyone have the Insignia 2-tap kegerator from best buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandemTails

Reaction score
Mine was just delivered yesterday but I can't seem to find any info about the brand of the taps. I want to be able to fill growlers from the tap but I'm not sure what size faucet adapter to get.

Does anyone have this kegerator and know what kind of taps these might be? Someone in the reviews on best buy's site said they look like perlicks (or a good knockoff) but that's as much as I could find.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...rator-stainless-steel/4223500.p?skuId=4223500

The stock photos look like perlicks or some other forward sealing faucet. you should be able to just use a short length or 1/2 inch tubing and stick it over the faucet. Hopefully someone else chimes in with some real expertise.

The faucets sucked and kept sticking so I just ended up buying some perlick 630ss faucets to replace the stock ones.

I have this kegerator and its definitely not perlicks. The faucets suck and i just about broke one just now. They stick and are not forward sealing. Gonna go on amazon right now and order some better ones

Other than crappy faucets, what are your thoughts regarding the unit. Best Buy is cutting the price on these so looks like a good deal but I question the overall quality and how well it cools the beer. Would you guys that have one recommend buying one.

So the Best Buy site appears to show the stainless finish kegerators to have ones that look like Perlicks, but the other finishes with some standard cheapy faucets. Does anyone have the stainless finish Insignia kegerators that can confirm if they came with Perlicks or not?

Other than crappy faucets, what are your thoughts regarding the unit. Best Buy is cutting the price on these so looks like a good deal but I question the overall quality and how well it cools the beer. Would you guys that have one recommend buying one.

Overall I'm really happy with the unit. I think for the price you pay (can find it $100 off on sale intermittently) its a pretty great deal if you dont want to go through the process of building one yourself. Was super easy to setup, definitely cools beer nicely. I find i can turn the CO2 up to about 10 PSI max before I start having foam issues with the standard beer lines and taps with it set to the coolest temperature setting. Mind you, the kit comes with pretty much the most basic equipment you can outfit a kegerator with (single gauge regulator, short beer lines, cheap faucets, no tower cooler/fan, analog 1-6 settings for temp control, and so on). So if you're more of an advanced user and want to get fancy and have different beers at different PSI of CO2 etc you'll probably wind up replacing/upgrading enough parts that it would be a better idea to just do one up yourself with all the upgraded pieces right off the bat.

That said, if you're pretty basic in that you just want a nice looking kegerator to cool and dispense 2 types of beer simultaneously this thing does a great job at an attractive price. I myself am pretty basic in what I ask of the unit to do and the only parts I've been compelled to upgrade was the 2 faucets to some forward sealing faucets. The stock ones get pretty stuck if you leave it for a week and I was legit almost breaking the faucet trying to unstick it. Would absolutely buy again and recommend to a friend.

So the Best Buy site appears to show the stainless finish kegerators to have ones that look like Perlicks, but the other finishes with some standard cheapy faucets. Does anyone have the stainless finish Insignia kegerators that can confirm if they came with Perlicks or not?

I have the silver stainless steel and it just had some cheap non-forward sealing faucets OEM.

I have the same unit and really like it. I can fit 3 full size ball locks and 1 3g on the hump in back. I put a top on it and built a coffin with Intertap faucets.

Attachments

• DDC1E66B-848B-43F9-9548-E05E8A8A36BC.jpeg
    DDC1E66B-848B-43F9-9548-E05E8A8A36BC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 919
I've got the 2 tap one here in Canada. I'm impressed with the unit itself, wasn't impressed with the tower, faucets, regulator, and gas lines. I swapped them out with some that I was holding onto for a DIY kegerator and when a fridge finally comes up on Craigslist will toss em on there and turn around and sell it.

Lots of space inside of it, I believe its a 5.6cuft - As others have posted 3 Cornies can fit and my 5lb tank. I do plan on putting the tank on the outside when I have a bit more space. Surprisingly the tower stays cool and I don't have to deal with many foam outs, well ok, maybe the beer I left at 30psi for 5 days that I'm trying to suck back.

So I picked up one of these and just kicked the first keg today.

I do like it but as Sleizure said the faucets could be better. Did not have any foam issues with the first keg.

I use slimline torpedo kegs and have 3 in with the gas bottle no issues with space. I brew 3 and 2 gallon batches, fill 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 gal kegs and bottle the remainder.

I can fit 3 ea of the 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 gal kegs so eventually I will be replacing the tower and faucets.

Back