Anyone have Pin Lock 3 Gallon Kegs? Need help making a decision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharper6

Reaction score
I bought one, and it's the same as my other pinlocks -- I wouldn't worry about it. You can use standard poppets and o-rings. One thing you might want to do is cut down the gas post a bit to maximize the amount of beer you can fit in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My lhbs has stacks of these in both oem pin and ball lock versions. They are so cute, I'm tempted to pick up a few to put on my keezer's hump. I can see splitting a 5.5g batch between a pair and calling it a "limited edition" brew ;)

Anyway, I've given them a good eyeballing and from all appearances they sport identical hardware to their 5g siblings - on both branches of the cornelius family tree. Everything save for the Out dip tubes should be totally interchangeable and parts should be fairly easily obtained...

Cheers!

I just recently re-geared for 2.5 gallon batches. I found these

http://www.homebrewing.org/FOUR-3-Gallon-Cornelius-Style-Pin-Lock-Used-Kegs-_p_4673.html

Anyone with pin lock experience :

Thanks!

4 PACK of 3 Gallon (AIH) Keg Review

Yup ! Just bought them From that above link from AIH-2 weeks or so ago. Came slightly pressurized with a bit of soda residue-
Outside - a bit worn and grimy (who knows where they've been !) no stickers!- Nothing PBW, Oxy-Clean and starsan couldn't handle.
Cleaned up the rubber good, no major scratches dents or dings-
Came out awesome !

Replaced all old with 'INCLUDED' new seals and o-rings. You'll need a pin lock socket to properly remove In and Out sides (and poppets) and clean. Mine were on there tight !
All hold pressure well and are filled with beer now ! Fit great in my new 12 Cu Ft Kegerator I'm starting to build.

They mention that there are 2 types they sell. (yea~ different size threads or something for some reason) I just asked for 4 of the same....and 4 similar ones came 3 days later~ UPS.
Excellent deal.
Also even though there is no pressure relief valve, I found that my Ball lock lids fit !! ..so any ball lock lid (with relieve valve) solves that PITA issue!
and its an issue always having to remove the Gas like → to purge gas.!!

Would totally recommended them for BS'ers "BATCH SPLITTERS" ! or 3 gal brewers Like us !!
1 keg has a Scottish, the other little kitty has a (cascade and simcoe*) west coast Hoppped Scottish !! :ban: .... And so on !!

They were 139$ when I first saw then-
I procrastinated (like you :)) and they dropped to 125$ !
UPS Shpping almost doubled around the $150 or $175 mark (can't remember) so play with the items in your cart for that low shipping.

The staff there is also top notch !

:rockin::rockin:

Go For 'EM !

1BB

Back