Anyone have any thoughts on this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patthebrewer

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013...michelob-beer-lawsuit-claims/?intcmp=features

I for one, have always been the skeptic when it comes to giant multinational corps......but......knowing something about the inner workings of legal commercial Breweries....have a hard time believing that this could escape fed. oversight. My questions is do think it's possible that they did this???? It would certainly be a GIGANTIC PR mess if it was true.

I don't know what "the labeling law" actually states, but my money is on AB pushing any variance it allows. I'm quite sure "the law" allows a +/- factor, and most corporation are going to eventually find and utilize loopholes like that to maximize profits........sad but true.

When you're making that much quantity making 0.00010% change in production means 0.0010% increase in profits. Which can be a significant amount of money. Its the Walmart business model. Some companies cut internally, cutting hours so employees don't qualify for benefits. Others cut externally, watering beer or replacing high quality ingredients with lesser.

It's a shame that it the balance between quality and quantity tips to quantity more and more. More reason to support local craft breweries and brew our own.

Latest posts

Back