Anyone have any idea what this is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickettj

Reaction score
I just went a grabbed my bock that I fermented way too warm by accident (76 for 3 days then 70 for the remaining 14 days). I realize its a bock which was supposed to be lagered but I made it with an ale yeast. The problem is when I looked at it before there were isolated white patches on the side of the carboy. Now it's a complete layer that nearly wraps the thing. Let me know what you think!

image-4107877841.jpg

It's just yeast. It's adhering to the sides as it settles out. Perfectly normal.

BBL_Brewer said:
It's just yeast. It's adhering to the sides as it settles out. Perfectly normal.

I was hoping that was the answer! Thanks guys! Hopefully racking and bottling this very powerful beer today. This is my first swing and miss with gravity. Target SG and FG was 1.070 and 1.022. I hit 1.076 and finished at 1.010. My calculations put me between 8 and 9% with no extras. Fingers are crossed that it tastes good!

I've been wanting to get ahold of Stroh's to maybe get their recipe for that great bock they sold in the 70's. Everyone loved that stuff.

unionrdr said:
I've been wanting to get ahold of Stroh's to maybe get their recipe for that great bock they sold in the 70's. Everyone loved that stuff.

I have no idea about that. I wasn't even around in the 70's...

Sigh . . . I am old enough, not only to remember it, but to have legally imbibed in a few. Of course the legal drinking age was 18, not 21, so I am not that old!

Back