Anyone have a good hopy recipe ready in 3 weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyLXT

Reaction score
My friend decided to throw a holiday party December 6th and I want to have a keg for it. I was looking for something on the hopy end. Perhaps hopy pale ale/session IPA. I assume these would be nice to drink young with the low ABV and high hop aroma that you want fresh.

Does anyone have any recipe suggestions? I brew All-Grain.

check out the forum for Red Chair clone. i did this one, damn near identical to the real thing, in just 17 days grain to glass. i forced carbed in keg after a primary of 14 days. i have brewed that recipe about 4 times now, every time was perfect.
here:

10lbs Great Western 2 row (if you cannot get this, do 9 lbs regular pale 2 row, and 1lb maris otter)
1lb Munich
1lb Pilsner
.5lb Crystal 40L
.5lb Crystal 90L
0.5lb Carapils
0.5lb Carastan

Mash @ 154

1.5oz Centennial @ 60
.75oz Centennial @ 15
whirlfloc @ 15
.75oz Centennial @ 5
2oz Cascade @ 0

i used wlp007, and like the english flavor and low attenuation.

happy yeast seem to be fast yeast. the beers i've done using a large starter of wlp001 have all finished fermenting in under a week using a fermentation fridge and O2 injection before pitching. my most recent AG IPA was dry hopped on day 10, cold crashed on day 11, and kegged on day 14. 3.5oz of dry hop gave it a lot of hop character on the nose.

I find most hoppy pales ales are great fresh. Keep it around 5% 2 weeks in primary, dry hop 1 week in primary, keg and force carb after the 3rd week.

Back