Anyone every try to prime with pineapple juice? jalapeño pineapple cream ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunxter

Reaction score
In 8 days or so primary atm. Gonna keg 5 then bottle the rest. Hope its good enough to share. Taste at pitch was kinda bland so im gonna add more jalapeño tincture and pineapple juice at bottling. At least thats what im thinking. Any ideas? Have about 2 gallons to bottle . 5 to keg

Last edited:
I’ve primed with juice in the past. Two different methods end up with about the same result. Method one is to determine the total grams of sugars in the juice based on the nutrition facts label. Convert grams of sugar to ounces to figure out the number of servings needed to prime to your desired co2 level. Method two involves the “gyle” method. Basically you take a gravity reading of the juice and enter it into the gyle primer calculator on brewers friend and it tells you the volume of juice (actually intended for wort as priming solution) needed to achieve your desired volumes of co2.

Hope this helps!

I’ve primed with juice in the past. Two different methods end up with about the same result. Method one is to determine the total grams of sugars in the juice based on the nutrition facts label. Convert grams of sugar to ounces to figure out the number of servings needed to prime to your desired co2 level. Method two involves the “gyle” method. Basically you take a gravity reading of the juice and enter it into the gyle primer calculator on brewers friend and it tells you the volume of juice (actually intended for wort as priming solution) needed to achieve your desired volumes of co2.

Hope this helps!

Yea i think that does help. The juice is frim canned pineapple ill just decant and take reading. I forgot some people use wort to prime and the calculator. Thx!

So long as the juice surrounding canned pineapple isn’t corn syrup or a mixture thereof...which would still work as a priming agent, but who knows what off-flavors it might produce?

It says just pineapple and juice in ingredients no preservatives or anything else. I just need some dang flavor in there, i can barely taste the pepper and cant taste any pineapple atm i hope it helps. I may even add some extract flavoring idk yet. Beer is done fermenting and at 1010 so ill cold crash by weekend and maybe bottle.

I have used a cool method to get natural hot pepper flavor concentrated and just dosed each bottle with a proper number of drops to make the desired heat.

Google the consommé method. Basically you blend up a bunch of peppers and a small amount of water, mix it with plain gelatin, freeze it in a bowl, put frozen block in a mesh strainer over a bigger bowl in the fridge. All of the proteins will bind with the gelatin and stay jelly, while the water and heat flavor will drip into the bottom bowl. Quick, cheap, and easy extract. I then test the amount needed in an already-ready beer so I know for the fermenting batch come bottling time.

Latest posts

Back