Anyone ever use this model

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use that model and it works great. I am able to fit 3, 5 gallon kegs on the bottom floor and then 2, 3 gallon kegs on the shelf. I have redone mine since I wanted to move the co2 tank to the outside and I just added a nitro tap to it. I would shop around though because that price is a little high. During black friday sales I bought mine for $149. I think the regular retail was just over $200. Shop around.

I found a deal on a damaged one $89, but was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. If you can post a picture of yours.

From the pictures that I have seen there is a vent on the right side at the bottom, so my question is what effect will that have on my enclosing it with a cabinet? Do all freezers have the vent on the side or just this one?

There is a large vent on the right side and a smaller vent on the back.if you do a coffin style than perhaps a wood panel over the right side vent would help.

I use that model and it works great. I am able to fit 3, 5 gallon kegs on the bottom floor and then 2, 3 gallon kegs on the shelf. I have redone mine since I wanted to move the co2 tank to the outside and I just added a nitro tap to it. I would shop around though because that price is a little high. During black friday sales I bought mine for $149. I think the regular retail was just over $200. Shop around.

Well I bought it, ended up only paying $66. for it and it came with a 1 year warranty. Now I have to start ordering parts for my build. Did you end up buying an external temp controller, or trying the course thread temp adjustment? If you bought an external controller is there anything funny about how it wires up on this model?

I am using the stc-1000 temp controller...there are a few threads on here showing the wiring diagram. All I have to do is to plug the cord from the freezer into the cool side of the outlet..

Latest posts

Back