Anyone ever repitch t58 slurry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyrub42

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Short version: I made a wit, saved some slurry, and making a white IPA this weekend, but never pitched t58 slurry before. Anyone have experience? Does it generally perform similarly to first generation dry t58 in terms of flavor and attenuation?

Normally I'd just pitch and see but figured I'd check here first. Wouldn't want a sudden change in attenuation or flavor. Thanks!

I recently brewed two Belgian pales in a row with T-58. Fresh dry pack for the first, three day old slurry for the second. No big surprises.

The second batch has a touch more yeast character, but that can be explained by a difference in fermentation temp schedule. Same flavor, but more of it.

I recently brewed two Belgian pales in a row with T-58. Fresh dry pack for the first, three day old slurry for the second. No big surprises.

The second batch has a touch more yeast character, but that can be explained by a difference in fermentation temp schedule. Same flavor, but more of it.

Sounds perfect, I'll go ahead and repitch then. Thanks!

Back