Anyone ever bottle with a measuring cup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BedtimeBrewer

Reaction score
so I was thinking about doing a hefe with the Bavarian yeast. From what I read that yeast is pretty hard to eliminate from equipment. Hoses,etc.

I’m not a fan of of the lengths some go to sanitize.

I was thinking about fermenting in a spare bucket and then bottling with a Pyrex measuring cup. I imagine it would work ok. Has anyone done that?

If it's a diastaticus yeast I can understand it.

Supposedly it can be hard to get rid of, and since it can reach a lower FG than regular yeast it can ruin other beers.

Yes, I was looking at using 3068.

I’m going to give it a shot this way. I prefer the oxidation risk to the chemical bombardment.

Thanks for the other opinions.

Yes, I was looking at using 3068.

I’m going to give it a shot this way. I prefer the oxidation risk to the chemical bombardment.

Thanks for the other opinions.

Wyeast 3068? They don't mention it being diastaticus.

a new autosiphon, bottling wand and tubing, would be less than $20 and your beer wouldn't be ruined from oxidation

oxidized beer=beer that tastes like wet cardboard <-- do you really want to go to the trouble and expense of brewing beer only to ruin it at packaging?

Use the equipment you have, do it right, and clean it when you get done.

Back