Anyone else with a Cereal Killer mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoochin'Fool

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I want it to STAY at it's tightest setting (0.025"), but it seems to float around a bit, and seems like this is getting to be more and more of an issue over time. Any ideas?

Everything is "tight", except for the actual gap-adjusting part, which spins with very little force. If I bump the mill at all (like when sliding it to the other side of the bucket to use my other arm for a while), it goes straight to it's loosest setting. Bought this mill somewhere around December 2022 I think, and it's probably had about 100 lbs of grain run through it.

1715106488398.png

I have had a Cereal Killer for many years but have not experienced this problem. The looseness of the gap-adjustment knob seems like a red flag. I wonder if something is broken inside. Has it always been loose or is this a new development?

On a different note, I tried setting mine to 0.025" but the crush was not good--a LOT of uncrushed kernels getting through. I backed it off to about 0.033" and it worked much better.

I have had a Cereal Killer for many years but have not experienced this problem. The looseness of the gap-adjustment knob seems like a red flag. I wonder if something is broken inside. Has it always been loose or is this a new development?

On a different note, I tried setting mine to 0.025" but the crush was not good--a LOT of uncrushed kernels getting through. I backed it off to about 0.033" and it worked much better.
I think it was always fairly loose/easily turned, but it's gotten more noticeable the last couple of times I've used it.

The gap adjusters are locked in place with the thumbscrews. If the adjusters are that easy to disturb the thumbscrews would have to be losing their grip on the adjuster, which could happen if the thumbscrews are worn, or if that nut that they turn in is stripped.

fwiw, I have the same mill. Have had zero problems with it...

Latest posts

Back