Anyone else growing in Central PA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rypcord

Reaction score
Is anyone else growing any hops in Central PA?

I currently have 2 Chinook and 1 Cascade growing.

What are you growing?

I'm in Dauphin county.

I have 2 root crowns, Cascade & Centennial, from GLH.

Also have 4 field grade plants, (2) Zeus, Nugget and Comet.

This is my first time growing. Still have them in pots with out rope but the cascade and centennial are looking to climb. Need to build my garden boxes this week and get rope hung for them.

I planted these on April 13 - pictures are from May 5th. I forgot take a pic of the Nugget plant, but can say that it is the smallest of the bunch, but has started sprouting up in the last week.

Centennial:
attachment.php

Cascade:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Zeus (2):
attachment.php

attachment.php

Comet:
attachment.php

That's definitely a lot further along than mine are. I just planted rhizomes harvested from 3rd year plants. I planted the rhizomes on 4.16, 4.22, and 4.25. None are nearly as big as yours.

I started a set of rizomes last year. 2 Cascade and 2 Willamet. The Willamet took off like a rocket last year. This year, they are both looking really good. I am in DuBois, Clearfield county.

Compared to other pics on here of hops, my 1st year Chinook rhizomes look small. Their about 7-9".

I'm in Bucks County. Planted various rhyzomes in late March in pots and transplanting this weekend. Some are almost three feet tall.

Back