Anyone been to UC Davis program? Homework Load?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WonkUnit

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some opinions from people who have been through the UC Davis Master Brewers Program, whats the homework load like? is it possible to keep up a part time job while taking the course?

Also any other advice for what to expect would be nice. They give great info about the course curriculum, but not much on the rest of the "Davis" Experience.

Thanks

1994 Graduate..depends on your experience and background. If you have little or no Food Science classes or practical commercial brewing experience, it is a long haul. Those with a chemistry or biology BS or equiv. will have a much easier time. Nonetheless, not impossible. And yes, I worked nearly full time.

Thanks for the reply. I know its a weird question and it depends on intangible factors like how quickly you learn, or if have previous knowledge of the material.

I made it through with a couple of chem cases and upper level food science classes, so it can be done by someone who does not have a formal science degree... The goal is to pass the IBD Dipl Brew exam, which I did, as following along to the Master Brewers exam quite a few years later and 5 or 6 more brewery and malting experiences.:D

1994 Graduate..depends on your experience and background. If you have little or no Food Science classes or practical commercial brewing experience, it is a long haul. Those with a chemistry or biology BS or equiv. will have a much easier time. Nonetheless, not impossible. And yes, I worked nearly full time.

Wait. You worked nearly full-time? Isn't the class something like 8-5 every day?

Just wondering...

Back