Any reason why I shouldn't lager in my cornies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joety

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've always used glass carboys as secondaries for lagering purposes. However, it would be far easier to rack right to the keg and drop them into my keezer for the gradual cool down and lagering period.

I used Wyeast 2308, primary fermentation at 52 degrees for 17 days, moving to 60-64 degrees for two days for a D-rest. It is still off-gassing sulfur, so I'm worried if I keg it now the sulfur will be trapped.

the sulfur thing i don't know about but you can lager in a corny when your beer is ready to be lagered.

Keep it D-resting until sulfer is gone. Best way to D-rest is 2/3 ferm @ 50, then d rest until 100%. Boil lagers longer to get rid of DMS. Then you can lager in a corny, takes less space than a carboy.

Keep it D-resting until sulfer is gone. Best way to D-rest is 2/3 ferm @ 50, then d rest until 100%. Boil lagers longer to get rid of DMS. Then you can lager in a corny, takes less space than a carboy.

I boiled 90 minutes fairly vigorously so I hope I killed off the DMS from the pils.

Latest posts

Back